Are you having queries concerning the Skilled-Regional (subclass 887)? Read to know the documentations and eligibility criteria for the same.
Are you an employer? Are you looking forward to working in Australia? Finishing your visa application is the first step for you. This blog drives you through the stairs to fill on your visa, the files required, eligibility criteria, and plenty more. Keep analyzing to discover the information about the skilled regional visa 887.
The Skilled Regional Visa Subclass is a second-stage permanent visa with no points-based conditions. The Subclass 887 visa grants total legal permanent residence to its holders. An applicant must have specific requirements when the application is lodged to obtain this visa.
The Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 lets the holder remain temporarily within Australia’s borders and work, study, or perform other duties. Additionally, they have a visa that will enable the holder to stay indefinitely in Australia without restriction. Along with this visa, the travel component allows the bearer to travel to and from Australia as per their needs. There is a time limit of five years as per traveling is concerned. Compared to other regional visas, this one also has the condition of staying in a specific area.
However, the 887 Visa Australia can only be given to the applicant if they have stayed for two years in Australia under any eligible visa or have stayed in a specific region of Australia for two years. The access supports the holder to work in the country and be a sponsor for their family member in due course. The visa holder will also be eligible for enrolling himself in the public healthcare system of Australia. The applicant can also put the names of their family members while applying. Since this visa is quite similar to other regional permits, it would be best to confer with ISA Migrations and Education Consultants for complete information.
Application Conditions for Skilled Regional Visa 887
An applicant must bear one of the following visas that were granted as the principal applicant or as a partner or interdependent partner of the main applicant as mentioned below:
- A provisional Skilled – Independent Regional (subclass 495) visa
- A provisional Skilled – Designated Area – Sponsored (subclass 496) visa
- Bridging access is granted because the applicant has made a valid application for a subclass 495 visa.
Eligibility Requirements for Skilled Regional Visa 887 Visa:
To meet the eligibility requirement for the Skilled Regional Visa 887, you need to illustrate that:
- You fulfill the residency requirements by having lived for a minimum of two years in Australia, a regional/low population growth metropolitan region if you were selected by a state or territory government. Instead, you will need to have lived for at least two years in a designated area of Australia if a family member financed you.
- You are holding one or more of the following visas for at least two years, including Subclass 489, 495, 496, 475, 487, or Bridging Visa A or B after making a valid application for the Subclass 489,487 or 495 visas.
- You meet the work requirements by working full time in a regional or low population growth metropolitan area (if nominated by the state or territory government) or a designated area (if selected by the family).
- You have assembled the requirements of your current visa.
- The applicant must follow the health and character requirement of the Australian government.
- You have Signed the Australian values statement.
- All debts are clear to the Australian government.
- You don’t have a previous visa canceled or refused.
Australian Skilled Regional Visa 887 Processing Time
The Skilled Regional Visa 887 is necessary, and the time will be decided according to the submission. The applicant can look up and get the help of a capable and experienced Immigration Agent in Australia and hope to get a promising result in return. The typical Subclass 887 visa processing time can be stated as follows;
- 75% of applications: 16 months
- 90% of applications: 16 months
List of Documents Required for Skilled Regional Visa 887
Documents required for Skilled Regional Visa 887 are:
- Resume, Cover Letter and Statement of the Australian Business
- Proof of Qualifications or Registration
- Evidence of work experience in a skill area relevant to the application or that the applicant is enrolled full-time in an Australian tertiary institution course leads to a qualification in a skill area relevant to the application being made.
- Evidence of relevant English language proficiency.
- Two passport photos
- A Certificate from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection that you have been nominated by a state or territory government agency to fill an identified skills shortage in Australia.
- Police certificate from the country you last resided in.
- Your current passport.
- If applicable, clearances from ASIO (Australian Security Intelligence Organisation) and law enforcement agencies. These clearances must not be more than 12 months old.
- Overseas qualification details and translation into English, if needed.
Applicants should be aware that if they provide false or misleading information in their visa application, they may commit criminal offences punishable by imprisonment and/or fines under the Australian Migration Act 1958 as amended from time to time, as well as any other applicable laws of Australia.
Benefits of Australian Skilled Regional Visa 887
Skilled Regional Visa 887 is a visa category that allows highly skilled migrants to apply for permanent residency in Australia. Skilled workers can apply after two years of living and working in regional Australia as long as they have a job offer and meet the requirements of their occupation.
- A permanent visa allows holders and their family members to live, work and study in Australia.
- The Skilled Regional Visa is based on a points system that allows applicants to be granted a visa without meeting the usual requirements of being sponsored by an employer or having a relative living in Australia.
- If you are from one of the specified countries, you will be given extra points towards your application because your qualifications and skills in demand in Australia.
- Applicants can also nominate where they want to live in Australia with the State Migration Agencies for consideration.
- If successful, you and your family members can stay permanently in Australia but can’t apply for citizenship or sponsor other relatives to join them.
FAQ related to skilled regional visa subclass 887
A Subclass 887 visa (also known as a Skilled Regional Provisional)) is an immigration pathway that allows you to live and work in Australia if you’re sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia or by a state or territory government agency. The visa has been designed to provide skilled workers with family connections in regional areas with an alternative route for migration to Australia if they do not qualify under any other category.
To apply for a regional visa subclass 887, you will have to pay an application fee, depending on where you’re from. If you are 18 and 35, only one applicant has to pay all that. The other family member can get their own temporary or permanent visa free of charge.
Once you have applied for a Subclass 887 visa, there are two possible results. If your application is successful, you will be invited to apply for a permanent visa. If your application is unsuccessful, you may appeal your rejection or reapply at any time in the future. There are no set time limits on when you can reapply if your first application was unsuccessful.
The list of documents needed to apply for skilled regional visa 887 is substantial and includes, but is not limited to;
- Proof of Identity
- Birth Certificate
- Educational History
- Employment History
- General Health
- Previous visas
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Financial Evidence
- English Language Ability
- Additional Information
- Application Form
Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is a permanent resident visa for individuals who are outside of Australia and want to live and work in a regional area. It requires applicants to be sponsored by an eligible relative living, working, or studying in the nominated location. The Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is for those who want to take up employment or self-employment in a designated rural or remote area of Australia and seek residency permanently.
Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is for applicants who have been offered a job in regional Australia, are sponsored by an Australian employer, and meet the necessary criteria. The requirements for this type of visa are that the applicant must be qualified for their occupation, and there must be no qualified Australians available to do the work. If these conditions are met, then you may be eligible to apply for a skilled regional subclass 887 visa.
Applicants must have a job offer and be sponsored by an employer registered with the Department of Home Affairs. Applicants must have qualifications in one of the following areas: (1) accounting and finance; (2) animal farming, agriculture, horticulture, or viticulture; (3) engineering, trade skills, or technology; (4) information technology; or (5) medicine. It is possible to apply for this visa if you are currently living overseas but are still an Australian citizen. You will need to provide evidence that you have been living overseas for at least two years on each occasion.
To apply for a Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887, you need first to be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency and then pass the relevant skilled regional nomination assessment. You can use SkillSelect to find out if you are eligible for this visa. If not, many other visas may be of interest to you.
No. You only need a job offer from an Australian company to apply for this visa. You also need to meet the health and character requirements of the Skilled Migration List.
The skills you need depend on what type of occupation you’re interested in – there are over 150 different occupations on the list for Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887, so it’s worth taking some time to research what might be best for you.
If you cannot get Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887, you will need to work overseas or apply for permanent residency. Permanent residency is a lengthy and expensive process, but if you are able to find a skilled job, it may be worth it in the long run.
You can bring your spouse, de facto partner, or child fewer than 18. You also can get one other person with you who is related to you by blood, marriage, or adoption and who is either under 18 years old or an accompanying dependent.
The Skilled Regional (subclass 887) visa is a temporary residence visa for skilled workers from overseas who want to live and work in regional Australia. You must have been offered a full-time job in regional Australia, have the qualifications and experience to fill the position, and meet other eligibility requirements.
Skilled regional visa subclass 887 is available to skilled workers willing to work outside the major metropolitan areas in Australia. The visa is usually granted for two years and can be extended for two years with appropriate evidence of employment. This visa allows the holder to live and work in the area nominated on their application form. It is designed for those who wish to work in regional or rural areas where skilled labor shortages exist.
For Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887, there is no age limit. However, to be eligible, you must have a tertiary qualification and at least 2 years of work experience in your nominated regional area. You must also demonstrate that you can speak English or another language listed on the Skilled Occupations List. You can also apply if you’re undertaking a course of study leading towards an occupation on the list or if you’ve had 1 year of full-time work in the region over the last 5 years but not more than 6 months of that time was spent working outside the region.
It costs $3,250 to apply for a Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887. This is a one-off cost that includes the application fee and the cost of processing. You must also pay this fee even if your application is unsuccessful. If you are granted a visa, you will be charged an additional amount of AUD$180 per year (or part thereof) for your first four years in Australia. After those four years, you will no longer have to pay this fee.
Applicants must meet the English language requirements. They are not required to have English as a first language, but they must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English. Applicants for Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 can meet the requirement with formal qualifications or by providing evidence of working in an occupation that has required proficiency in the use of English. In addition, applicants may provide evidence that they have undertaken education in Australia, where all teaching was conducted in English. The applicant’s academic level will also be considered for consideration, meeting the English language requirement on a case-by-case basis.
The processing time of Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is around 6-8 months, with the possibility of an extra 2 months on top of the visa required for work in a rural area. To be eligible for this visa, you must have been offered a full-time job (minimum 30 hours per week) in the designated areas of regional Australia.