The Aged Parent Visa 804 allows an elderly parent to live in Australia permanently. A settled Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen must sponsor the applicant. This visa has a waiting period of up to 30 years and is the most popular family permanent resident visa. The number of visas issued each year is determined by Australia’s Department of Home Affairs. Even if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances, the application will not be moved up the queue.

To avoid the lengthy waiting period, you can apply for the Contributory Aged Parent Visa 884 and Contributory Aged Parent Visa 864, which has higher application fees, similar eligibility requirements, and leads to permanent residency in Australia.

What can you do with the aged parent visa 804?

The Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804) is a permanent visa that allows you to live and work in Australia indefinitely. You can work and study in Australia while also enrolling in Medicare. You can also include members of your family unit. You may eventually be eligible for Australian citizenship.

What is the difference between the aged parent visa (subclass 804) and the contributory aged parent visa (subclass 864)?

The Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864) and the Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa are two other visas to consider (Subclass 884). Both of these visas are much faster to process than the Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804), but they are much more expensive.

Who Qualifies for the Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804?

The following are the eligibility requirements for the Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804):

  • In Australia, you must have a sponsor. In most cases, the sponsor is your child, who must be at least 18 years old.
  • You must pass the Family Balance Test.
  • In Australia, you must be of pensionable age (see the age limits below).
  • You must have a good character.
  • An Assurance of Support must be provided by your sponsor. This means you can rest assured that you will not be reliant on the Australian government for financial assistance.
  • You must not have previously had an Australian visa refused or cancelled.
  • You must not already be in possession of an 870 Parent Sponsored Visa. You must if you do.

Aged Parent Visa 804 Age Restrictions for Australia

The aged parent visa 804 has a minimum age requirement because you must be of pension age. However, Australia is rising the pension age from 65 to 67, so you must be at least 66 or 67 years old depending on when you apply

  • 66 years until July 1, 2021
  • 66 years and 6 months as of July 1, 2021
  • From July 1, 2023 to July 1, 2023 – 67 years

Checklist of Documents Required for an Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804)

  • Your passport, which you used to travel to Australia
  • Your original birth certificate. The names of both of your parents must be included.
  • Birth certificates are required for all family members listed on the application.
  • If a person is unable to provide a birth certificate.
  • Each applicant must provide four recent photographs. The photos must have a white background, be 45mm x 35mm in size, and adhere to the visa picture guidelines.
  • Form 40, Sponsorship for Migration to Australia, which your sponsor filled out.
  • The Parent Visa Application Form (Form 47PA), which you must complete.
  • Birth certificates for all of your children, including those who do not live in Australia. Both parents’ names must be listed on birth certificates.
  • For any adopted children, an adoption certificate is required.
  • If a minor is applying with only one parent, custody documents are required.
  • If any of the applicants is or has been married, please provide a marriage certificate.
  • If any of the applicants has previously been divorced: Divorce papers.
  • If any of the applicants is a widow, a death certificate is required.
  • Documentation of name change if any of the applicants has changed their name.
  • If any of the applicants has completed their military service: Evidence of military service
  • Proof of your relationship if the sponsor is not your child.
  • Payment proof for the first installment of the visa fee.
  • Remember that you must certify the documents you submit with your Australian visa application.

Should I Apply for the Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804 in Australia?

Yes, you must already be in Australia at the time you apply for the 804 Visa. You can enter with a regular Tourist Visa and then apply for a Bridging Visa, which will allow you to stay in Australia until your application is resolved.

How do you Apply for an Aged Parent 804 Visa?

The following is the procedure for applying for an 804 Visa:

  • Your sponsor fills out the Sponsorship Form (40). They must provide you with the form, which you must attach to the rest of your required documents.
  • You gather the necessary documentation. Check out the document checklist below.
  • If you haven’t already done so, plan a trip to Australia.
  • Make the first installment of the visa fee payment.
  • Submit the documents to the Department of Home Affairs’ Parent Visa Center (PVC).
  • Allow some time for the visa to be processed. Meanwhile, the PVC may request that you submit any additional documents or information.

The following is the procedure from the time you submit your application until you receive an answer:

  • Submit your paperwork and pay the first installment of your visa fee.
  • Your eligibility is reviewed by the Department of Home Affairs.
  • If you meet the requirements, your application will be queued for final processing.
  • You wait until your turn comes. This could take more than a decade.
  • Your application has been released for final review, and you have received your visa.

How long does it take to process an Aged Parent Visa 804?

Because there is a limit on the number of 804 Visas issued each year, it may take up to 30 years for you to receive your visa. There are Aged Parent Visa categories that are issued more quickly (Subclasses 884 and 864), but the processing fee is much higher.

What is the cost of the Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804)?

The fee for an 804 Aged Parent Visa is AUD 6,415 and must be paid in two installments. There will be additional visa fees for each member of your family who applies with you. The following is the pricing:

  • The initial fee for the primary applicant is AUD 4,425
  • The initial fee for each dependent applicant over the age of 18 is AUD 2,215 per applicant.
  • Each dependent applicant under the age of 18 must pay an initial fee of AUD 1,110.
  • Once your application has been submitted for final processing, you will be required to pay another visa fee, which is currently set at around AUD 2,000.

Is it possible to travel outside of Australia with the Subclass 804 visa?

Yes, once you have obtained an Australian Subclass 804 Visa, you will be able to travel in and out of the country as you please for a period of up to five years. After that, if you want to travel, you must obtain a Resident Return (RRV) permit.

Can I get a pension in Australia if I have an 804 visa?

Yes, if you have an 804 Visa, you can apply for an Age Pension in Australia, but only after you have been a resident for at least ten years. There must have been no gaps in your residence for at least five years during that time.

Other requirements for an Aged Parents Visa (Subclass 804) include the following:

You must be the parent of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.

You must meet the Balance of Family test, which requires that more of your children be permanently settled in Australia than in any other country.

You must be sponsored by a sponsor who qualifies. In most cases, your child will sponsor you. If your child is under the age of 18, you may also be sponsored by your child’s spouse, a close family relative or guardian of your child’s spouse, or a community organization.

FAQs Related to Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804

Is the Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804 a Temporary or Permanent Visa?

The Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804 is a permanent visa that allows the holder to remain in Australia indefinitely.

Can you travel around Australia while staying in Australia?

The visa allows you to travel to and from Australia for a period of five years.

Is it necessary for the sponsor to post a guarantee bond?

While it is not always necessary to pay a bond, your sponsor must agree to provide financial support. In order to assure you, they must be of legal drinking age and have a steady source of income. Sponsors can find out if they are eligible to provide assurance of support to someone by visiting the Services Australia website, where they must also apply to become an assurer.

They will need several documents for the application, including proof of income, tax documents, identity documents, and so on.

If requested, your sponsor must also pay a Guarantee Bond to ensure that if the Australian government does need to provide you with financial assistance, the sponsor will do so.

What is an Aged Parent visa 804?

An Aged Parent visa subclass 804 is a permanent visa designed to allow parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents and eligible citizens to live in Australia. This visa allows parents to remain in Australia indefinitely and enjoy the same rights and privileges as permanent resident. This visa also provides access to a range of government services and social security payments, including Medicare. Applicants must meet specific age, character, health, and financial requirements to be eligible for this visa. Additionally, applicants must have a sponsor willing to assure support.

Who can apply for an Aged Parent visa 804?

The Aged Parent visa Subclass 804 is for those who are the parents of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible citizen. To be eligible, you must be aged 66 years or older and have at least one child living in Australia who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible citizen. This child must be willing to sponsor you and your partner. Your sponsor must meet certain requirements as well. They must be aged 18 years or older, be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible citizen, and not be dependent on government support. Your sponsor must also have a good immigration history and have a suitable accommodation for you and any accompanying family members.

What are the requirements for an Aged Parent visa 804?

Applicants must be the parent of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. They must also be of a certain age and have an adequate level of health insurance. The age requirement for an Aged Parent visa is that applicants must be pensionable in their home country. This means that applicants for Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804 must be of pensionable age in the country they are applying for the visa. Additionally, applicants must meet the balance of family test, which requires that at least half of the applicant’s children reside permanently in Australia. Regarding health insurance, applicants must have an appropriate level of health insurance that meets the Australian government’s requirements for health coverage for their stay in Australia.

How long does it take to process an Aged Parent visa?

The processing time for an Aged Parent visa can vary depending on various factors, including how many applications are being processed at the time and the availability of resources. Generally, it can take anywhere from six months to one year for an application to be processed. It’s important to note that this does not include the time it takes to gather all the necessary documents and submit your application. Once you’ve submitted your application for Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804, you will receive a confirmation letter with a unique application number. You can use this to track the status of your application and find out when it’s been approved or rejected.

How much does an Aged Parent visa 804 cost?

The cost of an Aged Parent visa varies depending on the visa subclass and your circumstances. Generally, the application charge for a Subclass 804 visa is AUD4,055 for the main applicant plus AUD1,020 for each family member included in the application. You may also have to pay additional fees for medical exams and police certificates. Before you apply for Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804, it’s important to check the relevant website for the latest fees.

What are the conditions of an Aged Parent visa?

The visa holder must not engage in any unlawful activity while in Australia. They must also abide by all Australian laws and regulations.

The visa holder must also demonstrate that they have sufficient funds available to support themselves during their stay in Australia. This includes funds for living costs, health insurance and other necessary costs. Additionally, the Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804 holder must not likely become charged to the Australian public for social security benefits. They must also not be liable for any outstanding debts to the Australian government or be involved in any criminal activity.

Can I bring my family with me on an Aged Parent visa?

If you are granted an Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804, you can bring certain family members to Australia. These family members include your spouse, your children and any dependants of your children. Your spouse must be able to provide evidence of the ongoing relationship between you and them. This may include photographs, marriage certificates, joint financial accounts, or similar documents that show a commitment to the relationship. Your children must be financially dependent on you because they are under 18.

What are the rights of an Aged Parent visa holder?

As a holder of an Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804, you have several rights. These include the right to work in Australia, access to Medicare services, the right to enrol in Australia’s social security system, and the right to apply for Australian citizenship after two years. You also have the right to bring certain family members to Australia as dependents on your visa. This includes your spouse, partner, and any children who are single and under the age of 18.