Are you planning to visit Australia? With the help of this webpage, we will guide you on the steps to acquire the Visa, the documents required, the eligibility factors and more.
What is the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187?
Overseas employees can seek permanent residency in Australia through the permanent employer-sponsored visa scheme. The position is in Australia’s regional areas. South Australia, the Northern Territory, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory are restricted. In addition, all of the other states have regional towns/cities. The Department of Home Affairs identified their postcodes. Only the Temporary Residence Transition pathway is available to transitory employees in classes 457 or 482.
Benefits of Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa Subclass 187
The Employer Nomination Scheme Visa provides you and your family with all of the permanent residency privileges in Australia.
- Indefinitely work and live in Australia
- A chance to study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, the government-run healthcare programme in Australia.
- Possibility of applying for citizenship in Australia
- Sponsor family to live with you permanently.
- You have complete freedom to travel in and out of Australia.
There are three general criteria for all applicants for the regional sponsored migration scheme visa 187 and specific requirements depending on the stream you apply.
The following are the general requirements for visa 187
- Have been suggested for a position in regional Australia by an authorized Australian employer
- Unless you are exempt, you are under the age of 50.
- Unless you are exempt, meet the skills, credentials, and English language criteria.
You can work in Australia under one of three streams with the 187 RSMS Visa
- The Transition to Temporary Residence Stream
- The Stream for Direct Entry
- The Stream of Agreement
Eligibility Criteria for Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme Subclass 187
- The applicant must have held a subclass 457 visa as a primary visa holder on or after 18 April 2017. Alternatively, a subclass 482 visa in the Medium-term stream as a primary visa holder on or after 20 March 2019. Or the primary applicant for a subclass 482 visa in the Medium-term stream on 20 March 2019 was granted subsequently; or a related bridging visa A, B, or C.
- The employment or post nominated is the same as those held while on a TSS (482) or subclass 457 visas. The applicant must have a 457, (482) TSS, or comparable bridging Visa A, B, or C to qualify for regional sponsored migration scheme 187.
- Suppose the applicant has a 457 visa or started with a 457 visa, even if they are now on a TSS visa. In that case, they have two years to transfer to permanent residence.
- If the applicant has not previously had a 457 visa and their first Visa was a TSS (482) visa, they must work for the same company for three years on this 482 visa. The company must provide permanent employment in the same field as the 457 or 482 visa holders.
- The principal applicant must be under the maximum age limit of 45 years at the time of application.
- Unless from a natively English-speaking nation such as the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, the United States, or Canada, the primary candidate must have English language competency of at least six in each of the four bands of the IELTS exam or a similar language test such as the PTE.
- Pass physical and psychological examinations.
There are three streams under the regional sponsored migration scheme visa 187
1. The Stream for Direct Entry
The Direct Entry Stream is for those who have never worked in Australia or have only worked there for a short time. This stream is open to temporary residents with a Subclass 457 visa who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream. You must apply directly from outside Australia to be eligible.
2. The Stream of Agreement
People with a Temporary Work (Skilled) Subclass 457 visa sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement are eligible for the Agreement Stream. To qualify for a 187 RSMS visa, you must fulfill the agreement’s age, skill, and English language criteria.
3. The Transition Stream for Temporary Residence
This stream is for employees on a Temporary Work (Skilled) Subclass 457 visa in Australia. They must have worked for their nominated employer for two years in the same occupation and now wish to give them permanent employment in that occupation. The employer must not be bound by a collective bargaining agreement and must have submitted a valid nomination under the Temporary Residence Transition Stream to the Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA).
How can I apply for a Subclass 187 Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme Visa?
1. Examine whether you satisfy all of the standards for working in Australia.
You must fulfill both the overall Subclass 187 visa criteria and the specific stream requirements for which you are seeking. You can work in Australia under one of three streams with the Subclass 187 visa:
- The Transition to Temporary Residence Stream
- The Stream for Direct Entry
2. Have your employer file a nomination on your behalf.
Before you may apply for a Subclass 187 visa, your employer must submit a nomination to the Australian Department of Home Affairs on your behalf (DHA). After the nomination is approved, you must apply within six months.
3. Get Your Documents Ready
You must provide specific papers with your Subclass 187 Visa application to support the allegations stated.
4. Submit your application over the internet.
You must apply online for the Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 187) visa. You must have all your paperwork available when you use and the visa application cost, which may be paid by credit card.
5. Wait for a decision to be made.
The DHA may take many months to decide on your visa request.
6. Get your visa and get to work.
You will obtain your Visa once your application has been granted, and you will be able to begin or continue working in Australia.
What is the 187 Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme Visa Processing time?
The 187 RSMS visa processing time can be up to 12 months, and it is not uncommon for it to take longer than expected. Processing times are often shorter for those with skilled employment lined up, but many other factors are involved.
187 Visa Migration Agents
A migration agent is a person who can assist you with visa applications. To find a 187 visa migration agent, look for those with specialized knowledge of the regional sponsored migration scheme (subclass 187) visa. If you want to explore skilled regional visa 887 then you can collect all the required information by visiting us or contact us at email@example.com.
Choose a registered migration agent for Australia with experience obtaining a 187 RSMS visa. Someone who has successfully helped others through the application process will be easily able to provide you with counsel and support when needed.
FAQ Related to Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187
The regional sponsored migration scheme subclass 187 is a permanent visa that allows skilled workers to live and work in Australia. This visa can be obtained through sponsorship by an approved Australian employer or by a State or Territory Government. This visa offers many benefits to those who meet the eligibility requirements and are looking for a new life in Australia. The visa allows holders to work in any relevant occupation to their skills and qualifications while also providing access to the country’s public healthcare system and other social benefits.
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers sponsored by an employer in regional Australia. To be eligible to apply for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187, you must first meet a range of requirements, including:
- Being sponsored by an approved business in regional Australia.
- Having the relevant skills and qualifications for the nominated position.
- Having at least three years’ work experience in your chosen occupation.
- Meeting the English language requirements.
- Being under 45 years of age.
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 is a permanent residency visa, allowing you to stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa is valid for five years, so you will need to renew it or apply for a different type of visa. It also allows you to travel in and out of Australia as you please during these five years.
If you successfully apply for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187, you will be granted permanent residence status. This means that you will be able to live and work in Australia indefinitely and have access to certain benefits and services. You will also be eligible for Australian citizenship after four years of holding the visa. To maintain your permanent residence status and remain eligible for Australian citizenship, you must meet certain criteria, including having a job in Australia, demonstrating adequate health insurance coverage, meeting English language requirements, and satisfying the character requirements set out by the Department of Home Affairs.
Bringing your family with you on the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187 (RSMS 187) visa can be an important part of your journey to Australia. The RSMS 187 visa allows primary applicants to bring their family members along for the ride. This includes a spouse, and dependent children. The RSMS 187 visa requires you to prove that you have been employed in an eligible regional area for two years before you can apply. You must also provide evidence that you are a genuine worker in the regional area and have a job offer related to your occupation. Once your application has been approved, your family members can join you in Australia.